Why Learning English?
Learning English is very important nowadays. It’s not an option anymore, it is essential. Many countries natively have English as their first language: the USA, Australia, Canada, New Zealand. Others include English as a Second Language in their schools and it is a second language of some countries as well: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and Netherlands. Therefore, everywhere you go, you can speak English. If you know it, of course…
You will! 🙂
So, why should I learn English? Any other reasons? Let’s take a look at 10 more reasons:
- English is the most widely-spoken language in the world. One out of five people can speak or at least understand English!
- English is the language of science, technology, computers, diplomacy, and tourism. Knowing English open up chances of getting a good job in a national or multinational company within your home country or of finding work abroad.
- English is the language of the media. If you speak English, you won’t need to rely on translations and subtitles anymore to enjoy your favourite books, songs, films and TV shows.
- English is the most used language on the Internet(and Social Media). So if you want to participate of blogs, forum and discussions, check the news, play online, with English it will be easier.
- The English Alphabet is simple and easy to learn.
- If you know English, you can make a pen-friend or e-mail friend to practice it in a real communication situation. You can even develop a relationship (yes, boyfriend and girlfriend relationship) or get a contact with a person from another country and have the opportunity to know other places.
- English is not only useful — it gives you a lot of satisfaction. Making progress feels great. You will enjoy learning English, if you remember that every hour you spend gets you closer to perfection.
- Since English is spoken in so many different countries there are thousands of schools around the world that offer programmes in English. If you speak English, there’re lots of opportunities for you to find an appropriate school and course to suit your academic needs.
- If you like challenges, learning a second language is one of the most challenging thins for your brain, so go for it, learn another language, learn English.
- Because it’s awesome and fun! You’ll learn about other people, food, culture, religion. Learning English you learn more about life.
Can you think of any other reasons? Please leave your comment! I challenge you… =D