20 tips on how to improve your English
English is everywhere, and learning it is more than put your face inside grammar books or just repeat sentences with no context or out of a real (close to real) situation. Of course grammar is important and repetition sometimes too. However, learning English should be a fun activity where you learn and improve through things you like or enjoy doing.
Spend your time on things that interest you while learning English. For example, If you like cooking then buy an English language cookbook or find recipes on the internet and practice following the steps. If you made a mistake, don’t worry, soon you’ll find out.
Keep English around you (books, newspapers, magazines, podcasts, flashcards, etc) all day and every day, you never know when you might have a spare minute. If you are too tired to actively practice, just relax and listen to some radio in English, or a song you enjoy. Get onto social networks like Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest or even LinkedIn (if you have professional interesses) and start socializing. Start networking with native speakers, teachers and other learners too.
Here you can check some more tips on how to improve your English.
- Join an English course, Online or not
- Do your homework. (This is very important!)
- Read a book or a comic whenever you can.
- Learn at least 3 new words every day
- Visit an English speaking forum or blog whenever you can
- Read a news article on the internet every day
- Practice your listening skill ate least 10 minutes a day
- Watch an English film at least once a month
- Follow a soap, comedy or radio or TV drama
- Surround Yourself with English
- Study As Often As Possible
- Speak without Fear
- Make mistakes and learn to correct them yourself
- Try to be more independent (You won´t have your teacher all the time.)
- Make an English speaking friend
- Don´t be lazy
- Use the internet to look for other resources
- Keep a diary
- Talk to yourself (it seems crazy, but it helps) and try to think in English
- Have fun learning English
And what about you, dear reader? Any tips?